Tuesday 3 January 2012

Treevenge (2008)

Before the best movie of 2011 (in my opinion), Hobo With A Shotgun, a young Canadian director brought us the violent and hilarious short Treevenge.  This one made quite an impression at festivals with its unique point of view coming from that of everyone Christmas celebrating families holiday staple - the Christmas Tree.

I look at Treevenge as a statement towards the attitude of humanity.  We have a history of taking and taking and killing living things for our own gain.  Personally, I like trees.  I love forests and woodland areas, so when I watch Jason Eisener's critically acclaimed short, I root for the trees all the way.

Eisener, on the back of the hype of his trailer of Hobo With A Shotgun for Grindhouse, created somewhat of an internet buzz and many film fans were excited to see what he would churn out in future.  And not many were disappointed with Treevenge, as it was met with instant approval at film festivals around the world.  So without further ado, I present to you the amazing short by my new favorite director, Jason Eisener - Treevenge.  You'll think twice before hanging up your trees next Christmas.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment